Kick your taco night up a notch with these quick and easy shrimp tacos! they’re spicy, tangy and a true family favorite!
Bring the stylish versatility of enamelled cast iron into your home, with French-inspired cookware from Milo
Tacos have been our go-to meal lately, especially during a busy week. And these chipotle lime shrimp tacos are some of the best we’ve ever had!
They’re a little spicy, are loaded with crisp cabbage and creamy avocado and all drizzled with the best homemade chipotle lime sauce! (Pro tip: Charr those tortillas loves! I’m telling ya, it makes a world of difference!
CHIPOTLE LIME SHRIMP TACOS
- Chipotle lime shrimp: Can use fresh or frozen shrimp. (Just make sure they’re peeled and deveined before cooking them!)
- Cabbage: Adds a little texture and crunch to your tacos. (You can use green or purple cabbage or even a mixture of both!)
- Red onion: Compliments each flavor and adds to its texture.
- Avocado: Adds creaminess to balance out the spice from your shrimp. (Guacamole would also be a great replacement too!)
- Chipotle sauce: Takes your tacos to the next level & adds even more spice and flavor! (See my recipe below)
- Optional toppings: cotija or cheddar cheese, extra lime, cilantro, hot sauce (even though they’re pretty spicy already!)
CUT. NEVER COPY.
We craft cutlery of unmatched quality by combining family tradition with modern design.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHIPOTLE LIME SHRIMP
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Squeeze of fresh lime
1. Add your shrimp and spices to a large plastic bag and give them a good squeeze of fresh lime juice. Then shake the bag until the shrimp is fully coated.
2. Next, spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat it over medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the shrimp is cooked all the way through.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOUR SHRIMP IS COOKED?
Shrimp can be a little tricky when it comes to cooking because they’re so small and cook so fast. But don’t worry loves! You’ll know the shrimp is cooked through when it turns pink/opaque and starts to curl on itself. (I’ll usually wait until I see the shrimp turn pink/opaque half way in the pan and then I know they’re ready to flip! They’ll usually take about 2-3 minutes per side.) Also make sure not to crowd the pan because the shrimp won’t cook evenly then. If you have to make them in batches – that’s OK!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHIPOTLE LIME SAUCE
This sauce is one of my favorite condiments for tacos because it’s simple, super flavorful and only requires 3 ingredients!
- 3/4 cup light mayo
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Whisk these ingredients together in a bowl and place the sauce in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. (Quick note: The sauce can thicken up a little bit after it’s been sitting in the fridge, so you may need to add a smidge more lime juice when you go to use it.)
Forks N' Roses granted permission by Caitlin Monson